Surgical Face Masks
3 Ply Non-Woven Surgical Face Masks are non-woven face masks that are intended to cover the nose and mouth in order to reduce the chance of cross contamination in surgical, medical, food preparation and other virus free or sensitive environments.
Our surgical face masks are manufactured from 3-ply, bonded polypropylene, non-woven fabric with an integral plastic-coated strip above the nose for optimum fit, whilst being light-weight and comfortable. The elasticated loops are latex-free to minimise allergic reactions.
When someone talks, coughs or sneezes they can spread tiny drops into the air that can infect others around them. If the infected person wears a facemask, it can reduce the number of germs that the wearer spreads, which can protect other people from becoming sick.
Surgical masks can be used to prevent Coronavirus from entering the body through the nose, mouth and eyes.
Surgical masks are very easy to use, simply follow these steps:
How to wear surgical masks
- Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitiser before touching the mask
- The side of the mask that has the harder strip should be placed at the top, above your nose
- Importantly, the coloured side of the mask should face away from you
- Place the elastic loops around your ears to secure the mask
- Pinch the stiff edge of the mask around the shape of your nose
- Finally, pull the bottom of the mask over your mouth and chin
How to remove surgical masks
- Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before touching the mask
- Avoid touching the front of the mask as it could be contaminated
- Hold both of the ear loops and lift and remove the mask
- Dispose of the mask in a bin
- Finally, clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer
Surgical face masks should be used once and then thrown in the bin. You should also dispose of and replace your mask when they become moist or breathing through a face mask becomes harder.
Order your surgical face masks